To ensure the speedy processing of land matters in the State
To develop and implement policies for the effecting monitoring and control of physical planning and development
To formulate and disseminate policies that will fast track the development of rural areas as well as carry out necessary research
Since Dr Willie Obiano Administration, The ministry within the period under review has achieved the following:
• Acquisition of fifty hectares of Land within igbunike Cave for the development of a five star hotel and other tourist attractions.
• Acquisition of two hundred and six hectares of land in Omasi-Agu community
Ayamelum Local Government Area for agricultural purposes.
• Acquisition of one hundred and fourteen hectares of land in Isu – Anaocha community for a Housing Estate project.
Generally, The State Government has spent over four hundred and eighty six million, seven hundred and eighty four thousand, nine hundred and five naira, in payment of compensation to various communities which Land where acquired for peaceful co-existence. These include:
• Compensation to Awka community for acquisition of Executive Business District Layout, amounting to the sum of seventy six million five hundred and ninety six thousand naira only.
• Compensation to Ogbunike community for Tourist center with five star hotels, for socio — economic development amounting to the sum of fifty million, six hundred an eighty five thousand naira only.
• Payment of five million naira compensation to umueze village in Amawbia.
• Payment of compensation to Omasi – community in Ayamelum Local Government for Agricultural purposes which amounted to two hundred million naira.
• Payment of eighty million nine hundred and eighty two thousand seven hundred and five naira to lsu-Anaocha community
• Payment of seventy three million five hundred and twenty one thousand two hundred naira to Aguleri and Umuleri communities.
• Employment of eight number Cartographic Assistants and eight number Boundary men to boost the staff strength of the survey department of the ministry.
• Purchase of three number utility vehicles to facilitate the efficient of work in the ministry.
• Selection of Anambra State by the Presidential Technical Committee on Land Reform for Pilot Scheme for
South East will take off in March 201 5. Already, equipmen for the Scheme has been supplied to the State and Isi – Agu community has being selected to host the pilot project.
• Vigorous enforcement of development control in the state leading to demolitions of illegal structures in the GRA Onitsha and other Government Layouts in the state.
• Purchase of Ammonia Purity Machine and chemicals for effective work of the Town Planning unit.
• Fencing of the Onitsha Trade Fair complex.
• Purchase of office furniture for Lands, Survey and Town planning Department.
• Interfaced with various customary Land owners to ensure cordial relationship between Allottees of Layouts and the host communities to facilitate development of such Layouts.
• Construction of ministry car park, to avoid car parking on roads for effective security.