|Mr. Peter Obi
Governor of Anambra State
Office of the Governor is the executive arm of the state government and
the hub of the Administration. To perform the functions of the office,
His Excellency, the Executive Governor is assisted by His Excellency,
the Deputy Governor.
functions as specified in the constitution of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria for the Head of State Government and his Deputy.
- Co-ordination, supervision and re-organization of the machinery of State Government and the Parastatals.
- Monitoring and implementation of Government decisions and policies.
- Inter-Government Relations.
- Relations with Religious Bodies and Non-Governmental bodies.
- Prerogative of Mercy.
- State Protocol Matters.
- Management of Government Guest Houses.
- National Honours, Titles and Decorations.
- Issuance of Certificate of Occupancy in liaison with the Ministry of Lands and Housing.
To perform the responsibilities listed above, the office is structured into the following Departments/Sections:
- General Administration Department
- Press Affairs
- ADC's Office
- Security Unit
Permanent Secretary Government house is the head of the General
Administration Department. The Protocol Directorate has the Director of
Protocol. The Directorate of Protocol carries out matters of protocol,
which include arrangements for His Excellency, the Executive Governor's
tours and accommodation of guests.
PROJECT AND PROGRAMMES
Office of the Governor is essentially a service and coordination
center, providing service and functional guidance to Ministries and
other Government Departments. Nevertheless, it has few programmes and
some equipment to supervise and maintain. These include the maintenance
of Government Guest Houses, Motor vehicles, Plants and Equipment.
Mr Peter Obi's Resume
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED:
- Christ the King College, Onitsha (W.A.S.C.)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka, (B.A. Philosophy)
- Lagos Business School, Nigeria (Chief Executive Program)
- Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Mid to Mid Marketing)
- London School of Economics “L.S.E” (Financial Mgt./Business Policy)
- Columbia Business School, New York U.S.A. (Marketing Management)
- Kellogg Graduate School of Management U.S.A. (Advanced Exec. Prog.)
- Institute for Management Dev. (IMD), Switzerland (Snr. Executive Forum)
PRESENT AND PAST POSITIONS
- GOVERNOR: ANAMBRA STATE OF NIGERIA
- FORMER CHAIRMAN: FIDELITY BANK PLC
- FORMER CHAIRMAN: GUARDIAN EXPRESS MORTGAGE BANK LTD
- FORMER DIRECTOR: GUARDIAN EXPRESS BANK PLC
- FORMER CHAIRMAN: FUTURE VIEW SECURITIES LIMITED
- FORMER CHAIRMAN: PAYMASTER NIGERIA LIMITED
- FORMER CHAIRMAN: NEXT INTERNATIONAL (NIGERIA) LTD
- FORMER DIRECTOR: CHAMS NIGERIA LIMITED
- FORMER CHAIRMAN: DATACORP LIMITED
- FORMER DIRECTOR: CARD CENTRE LIMITED
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION/ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIP:
- Member – Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)
- Member – Nigerian Chartered Institute of Bankers
- Member – Common Wealth Business Council (CBC)
- Member – West African Business Committee (WABC)
- Member – British Institute of Directors (IOD)
- Member – British Nigerian Business Council (BNBC)
- Member – Nigerian South African Chamber of Commerce (NSACC)